Our client had maintained a nearly 100% market share in a niche manufacturing control system for more than 40 years—and the technology had remained nearly constant for all these years. Now they were getting pressure from new entrants who had cheaper and better technology. They needed a modern system developed quickly and for a niche market budget.
Press Brake Controller
- Product Requirements
- Conceptual Design
- Prototyping (MVP)
- Mechanical Design
- Manufacturing Documents
- Programing UI/UX
- Electrical Design
- PCB Layout & Assembly
How to put together a very diverse team of engineers in all kinds of discipline in zero time and how to get the product developed in what some would call an unrealistic budget.
- Drawing on FinishLinePDS reference designs, a conceptual design was developed that met the requirements—including the development budget
- Work with the client to understand the market requirements and the existing technology—developed in the 1970s
- Over 200 engineering experts, FinishLinePDS put together a team that did not have to “learn on the job” and completed the design in record time
- Using FinishLinePDS’ Prototype to the Production process, FinishLinePDS constructed the prototype system and completed the Design Verification Testing
- Because FinishLinePDS has established relationships with several Contract Manufactures, production quickly followed testing
- Custom NEMA 4x enclosed Linux based UI and controller communications electronics
- New 5 axis motion control system with uM precision composed of stepper motors, uC, rotary encoders, and motion control firmware
- Full Technical Documentation
- Reduced COGS by more than 60%
- Improved UI to modern standards
- Improved performance of control system
- Increased functionality
CURIOUS HOW WE COULD HELP YOUR TEAM?
Book a free one-hour evaluation session.
We promise you will learn a lot, even if you do not end up hiring us.