Manufacturing Services for Startups
Make it and Make Sure it’s Right
Full support to ensure the move from the lab bench to the factory floor goes smoothly.
MAKING SURE IT’S RIGHT
On-going services to help you manage manufacturing, product updates & quality verification.
Each program is individually tailored to the client’s needs, but will follow the following general outline:
SUPPLY CHAIN ADVISORY & SELECTION
Develop criteria for, vet, and select supply chain vendor/partner(s).
- Strategy Development to determine the vendors and methods that will be used to manufacture the product
- Develop the quality control strategy
- Vet potential manufacturing vendors
- Make a shortlist of potential manufacturing vendors
- Choose a manufacturing vendor and enter negotiations
Move the product from the lab bench to the supply chain.
As we shift from prototype to production, ensure the drawing tree documentation is understood by supply chain vendor/partner(s)
- Run a small, prototype batch to prove the documentation is correct
- Review pilot run results
- Determine root cause of any quality issues and create a corrective action to prevent recurrence
Develop and execute a plan for working successfully with the contract manufacturer.
- Ensure contract manufacturer understands the expectations for your new product
- Set expectations for product quality and for communications with the contract manufacturer
- Execute this plan
- Communicate the results to the Niche Company Team on an ongoing basis
Keep your product performing optimally and safeguard your revenue stream by ensuring ongoing quality manufacturing, identifying and resolving the root cause of failures, and/or dealing with obsolescence issues.
- Work closely with the Small Business Team to identify product failures & other market feedback, and develop corrective product improvements
- Create updated product documentation for the contract manufacturer to follow
- Work closely with the contract manufacturer to implement the product changes
QUALITY MANAGEMENT + VERIFICATION
Ensure the contract manufacturer continues to meet agreed to quality levels.
- Develop a product testing calendar when the contract manufacturer will send Finish Line samples for the quality testing
- Receive and test products for conformance to Design Documentation